In seasons past, we have had problems with students activating their student ID for basketball games and not deactivating them if they chose not to attend the game. This keeps students who would like to go to games from being able to activate their cards as the system views the game as sold out. With that in mind, we have spoken with student representatives, administration, and our staff to come up with a way to avoid this problem and allow more students an opportunity to attend games. The following policy will apply to basketball games:
If a student fails to attend three (3) games without deactivating his or her student ID will result in revocation of basketball attendance privileges for the remainder of the season.
Important points regarding the policy:
- Deactivating your card is EASY – All you need to do is log in at BigOrangeTix and click on the cancellation tab on the left hand side of the page. Once there, select the game you will not be attending and cancel your activation.
- You are able to deactivate your card until tip off
- Students must have their ID scanned at the student gate by halftime to verify attendance
- You will get a reminder email after 2 “no shows” to help avoid a third occurrence.
- All other procedures and policies regarding basketball tickets will remain the same
Most Importantly: We are implementing this policy to allow more students the opportunity to attend games, NOT to punish students. We hope that everyone will comply with the policy so that no one will have privileges revoked, and everyone who wishes to attend games will have the opportunity to do so.
Please help us spread the word to the student body, and if you have any questions regarding the policy, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (865) 974-8587.